Sunday, December 14, 2008

Till He Appeared and THIS Soul Felt Its Worth


Okay. I know Taylor enjoys my funny ones, but every now and then I have to have a serious blog. So here goes.
I do some of my best visiting with God in my car on the way to work. Usually I have Chris Tomlin or Matt Redman playing, but Gregg had switch cd's on me, and had put in Third Day's Christmas cd. As the song came on I recognized it as O Holy Night, so I just listened and for the first time, I really heard the words. I've sang it hundreds of times...sang the words out loud, even..but that morning, I really HEARD the words. There was a couple of lines that really jumped out at me.
"Long lay the world, in sin and error pining..Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth!" I stopped and restarted the song. The world had been in darkness and sin...longing and pining for the arrival of a savior. Someone who could break the curse that they were under and they could stop living in a shadow of that sin and darkness and awaken to a life of abundance and light. Jesus said, "I am the light of the world." That first Christmas morning...the light had shattered the darkness with a star, and as the light pierced the darkness, that baby's birth started to give hope to all that had been in the darkness for so long. Their mourning souls could finally see their worth to an almighty God who would send His Son, Jesus, to die for us. WOW! That made me see how precious we are to God. WE HAVE WORTH TO HIM! "For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn!" We should all fall down on our knees during this Christmas season to worship the one who chose to come to us...in the form of an innocent human baby in a manger, born to die, that WE might have life and have it more ABUNDANTLY! If your life is any less than full of light, hope, and abundance....fall to your knees and thank Him for coming. Rejoice in the night so divine....The holy night that Christ was born! Thank you, Jesus, for appearing and showing THIS soul her worth to You!

No comments: