Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Hopes and Fears of All the Years are Met in Thee Tonight


Tonight is Christmas Eve! The night before Christmas! It seems too soon this year. I haven't had time to listen to all the songs, watch all the Christmas movies, and cook all the Christmas goodies I want. The older I get, time seems to just fly by. Before I even blink, it will be Christmas time again next year. I've started to realize how short time really is. How our lives are just a moment in the scheme of eternity. Yesterday, I was watching an old Christmas rerun of Touched By an Angel and she said a phrase that grabbed my attention. "The hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight."
Imagine that. Every need has been met in the birth and death of Jesus. Every hope and fear has been met in the birth and death of Jesus. Tonight, as you open your presents, celebrate the season, and enjoy your family...take time to remember WHO has met all your needs, wishes, hopes, fears. He loves you. Don't forget to say thank you to the one who paid your freedom price. Thank you, Jesus..that our hopes and fears have been met in YOU tonight.

No comments: