Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Under Attack

My family has been under attack this month. It started with a lot of physical ailments and has progressed to an all out war on our family, health, careers, finances, etc. I started putting two and two together when I started noticing that many of the same physical symptoms Gregg and I had, started showing up in the people around me. (Sounds weird, I know) but I've been exploring a lot about healing and spiritual attacks....and this was definitely a spiritual attack. Immediately, my husband and I started a defensive prayer vigil. To make a long story short, during my prayer time, I asked God to show me the name of my spiritual attacker. I was given two words which I immediately wrote down on a piece of paper, then went back to praying. When we had finished our prayers, Gregg and I began to investigate the two words God had given me. I knew I did not have the first name quite right, as I had placed a question mark behind it and told Gregg that it wasn't quite right, but something close to it. The first name I had written down was Abadding ( I told him it could be Abadingdon...or Abaddon or something close to that. He said he thought that Revelation mentioned a demon named Abaddon (also known as Apollyon. Wow...that was interesting. He is actually the head demon of the Abyss and king of the locusts. The name Abaddon means destroyer. Fitting. The second name was Hadad. The complete name of the spiritual demon waging war on us was Abaddon Hadad. After researching Hadad in the old testament, we discovered that Hadad was the adversary of King Solomon. Again...very interesting. Adversary (Satan) King Hadad was opposing the King of wisdom. (Jesus). We learned a lot by exploring online also, but determined that our family is being attacked by one of the higher demons. Abaddon (of the 7th heirarchy.....Hadad (the 7th son of Ishmael. Okay, by now you are going to think I am crazy...but that is okay...believe me, I understand. Since our discovery, I can't begin to tell you of the things that started happening in my family's life. He is trying to take us down....trying to take us out. He is messing with our minds, our bodies and our extended family. Apparently, he is afraid we are very close to doing something dynamic for the kingdom of God, because he is trying to destroy our witness, our credibility, our marriages, you name it. We are in a battle....but praise God, we will be victorious. Romans 8:37-39 New International Version (NIV) 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Keep our family in your prayers as we battle the enemy. War is hard, and I am tired.

No comments: