Monday, October 13, 2008

Come Grow Old With Me for the Best Is Yet To Be


October 21st will be Gregg and my 3oth anniversary. It doesn't seem that long ago. A word to the wise, enjoy every moment God gives you because in a blink of an eye, time passes. Now back to my original subject. My husband is the most precious gift to me. I hear a lot of wives complain about their husbands....all their faults, all the things that they don't do, or all the irritating things that they do do....even I have been known to get a little irked at mine now and then. Well, AFTER THIRTY years I finally want to set the record straight....my husband is my soulmate. I love him with all my heart, and I sometimes worry that I'm not good enough for him. Seriously! He is the most giving, caring, sharing, humorous, loving man I know. A man of honor and integrity. A man who's word can be trusted. A man of God. A rare find, indeed. The qualities that he possesses are to be admired and imitated.
How did I luck out? I use to ask myself that question quite often until I discovered that luck had nothing to do with it....God orchestrates every area and detail of our lives and for some unknown reason, He saw fit to put us together. (I guess Gregg had to take his punishment, huh? :)) If my children have even a small portion of the happiness with their spouses that I have found with their father, they will indeed be very fortunate in their marriages. And Jill, if you look for a man like your father, you will be blessed. I can't wait to see what the next 30 years has in store for us. Come grow old with me for the best is yet to be! Happy 30th Anniversary, Gregg. I love you.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I just wanted to say that you two are truly an inspiration to me... You are such a perfect example of true love and I am so blessed to have had you two as an example for me. And you are so right, I will be extremely lucky if I get a man half as good as pa! :) Love you both and Congratulations!