Thursday, October 16, 2008

The "Richest" Person in the World

Children say and think some of the strangest things! They are quite logical and when they put two and two together....watch out!
As you know, I work as the hot lunch bookkeeper at our school. I receive payments, send out all the bills, and everything else that has to do with hot lunch.
Today, one of the first graders mother's was telling me that her son had told her that Mrs. R (me) was the richest person at the school. Questioning him further, she asked him why he believed that to be true.
In a sincere and logical explanation, he replied, "Well, Mom, when I took my lunch check to Mrs. O (his teacher's aide) she took it and gave it to Mrs. B (his teacher)and then Mrs. B took and gave it to Mrs. R (me)...so she's the richest person in the school!" Out of the mouths of babes!
Now I chuckled at this, but within minutes I realized that this little first grader had actually made a prophecy about my life!
No, my bank book and finances may not show me as the richest, but my relationships attain to this fact....I, indeed, am the richest person in the world.

No comments: